General Oral Care
Every patient will undergo an oral evaluation, during which our dental hygienists will investigate the current state of your overall health in order to identify any areas of potential concern. Patients will be led through a six-step process that includes a thorough oral evaluation, detailed review of current medical history, blood pressure screenings, oral cancer screening, examination of supporting oral structure and gum line measurement, and a set of comprehensive oral digital x-rays.
Our dental hygienists will collect a variety of information relating to your current health, including:
- List of medications you are currently taking.
- List of vitamins and other natural remedies you are currently taking.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption habits.
- List of all known allergies.
- Previous experience with anesthesia or prescribed medications.
- Any medical conditions you are currently being treated for.
- Previous surgeries or hospitalizations.
Gathering this type of information allows our dental hygienists to correctly identify any necessary precautions involved in your treatment process. Your oral evaluation is an integral first step in your customized oral care treatment plan.
Services We Provide
- blood pressure screening
- oral cancer screening
- periodontal assessment (evaluation for gum disease)
- education related to oral health
- extra and intra oral digital pictures
- digital radiographs (x-rays)
- dental hygiene therapy (prophylaxis)
- conservative periodontal therapy (scaling, root planing and periodontal maintenance)
- local anesthetic
- fluoride application
- sealants (coating to prevent decay on the chewing surfaces of teeth)
- teeth whitening
We do not provide dental services such as extractions, fillings, crowns, root canals, etc. on-site, but will refer you to a dentist who meets your needs.